Original formula with phenol. Lotion P50 1970 with Phenol is ideal acid toner for acne prone skin non sensitive.
The Phenol is used to preserve the ingredients, and because it acts as an antiseptic, it helps clear acne much quicker than the Lotion P50 new formula. I don’t recommend using this formula at all times – start with it and then switch over to the new formula, or at least alternate between the two. Lotion P50 1970 formulation is not recommended while pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to get pregnant.
- Lotion P50 1970 – for acne normal / thick skin
- Lotion P50 V 1970- for acne dehydrated / dry skin
- Lotion P50 W 1970 – for acne sensitive / rosacea skin
- Removes dead cells and impurities on a daily basis.
- Helps to purify and regulate sebum secretion.
- Enhances epidermal renewal.
- Improves the strength and quality of the epidermis.
- Hydrates the top layers of the epidermis thanks to its keratolytic action.
- Balances the surface pH of the skin.
- Improves the efficacy of the other Biologique Recherche products used after it.
Ingredients for Lotion P50 Original 1970 Formula:
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Phenol, Niacinamide, Vinegar (Acetum), Ethoxydiglycol, Magnesium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Arctium Lappa Root (Burdock Root) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sulfur.
The classic Lotion P50 formula boasts multiple actives. Here’s my ingredient breakdown, starting with the much loved and loathed phenol: